Kicking Horse Coffee presents
LUCKY JIM COFFEE
A NEW blend with a good swift kick!
As luck would have it, we are proud to present a brand NEW blend!
Lucky Jim is our first new release in nearly five years. It’s available as a good swift kick-off in both Whole Bean and Ground on our online store. (It’s never been easier to get Lucky!)
As well as at purveyors of fine coffee in the US and Canada.
Lucky Jim is our newest medium roast, with a semi-sweet body, and a long, pronounced finish.
This blend is in the spirit of our classic kick-ass coffees, and contains aromatic notes of chocolate, clove, grapefruit, and pine (a nod to the Rocky Mountains!).
As with all our coffees, it’s 100% Whole Bean Arabica Coffee, Certified Organic, Certified Fairtrade and roasted in the Canadian Rocky Mountains.
This latest launch is an homage to our name: to the legend of an early explorer who got hoofed by a horse and was revived by a kick-ass cup of coffee.
The tale goes like this...
im was part of an early exploration party wending their way through the Rocky Mountains with a posse of pack horses.
One morning, a horse reared up and kicked Jim right in the noggin. Hit him so hard, his companions thought he was dead.
Before his fellow explorers began to dig him a grave, they first commenced to brewing coffee.
Legend has it, it was a cup of coffee that woke Jim up... Lucky bucker. That coffee musta kicked ass.
The way we see it, our lucky stars were the ones he saw.
This 5-star blend is full of luck, and promises a good swift kick.
Take a close look at the red-label: that horseshoe-shaped constellation might be the last thing Jim saw before he encountered his first kick-ass cuppa coffee.
How-to-Brew Lucky Jim Coffee?
Let it buck!
Just how does one whip-up a revivalist cup of Jim? Any way you like it. This coffee is versatile.
But here’s a few tips on how to let’er drip or take the plunge (our preferred methods for this blend).
1. Grind it up: Make it coarse, of course.
2. Add Boiling H2O: That’s smart talk for hot water. Stir it up little darlin’.
3. Let it rest: Get distracted for 4 minutes. Go study a mountain lion, read a map or tame a wolverine. Then take the plunge.
4. Wake Up & Kick Ass: Press it down. Sip, savour and repeat.
1. Add water to the machine: Clean and cold makes coffee bold!
2. Add ground coffee to the machine: Use 2 tablespoons of coffee for each cup of water.
3. Turn the machine on: And let it buck.
4. Wait for the coffee: Take a deep breath and count yer lucky stars.
5). Wake Up & Kick Ass: Sip, savour and repeat as necessary.
Enjoy these Lucky stars.
Feel free to let us know how it rolls!