Kicking Horse Coffee presents
LUCKY JIM COFFEE
A NEW blend with a good swift kick!
As luck would have it, we are proud to present a brand NEW blend!
As well as at purveyors of fine coffee in the US and Canada.
Lucky Jim is our newest medium roast, with a semi-sweet body, and a long, pronounced finish.
This blend is in the spirit of our classic kick-ass coffees, and contains aromatic notes of chocolate, clove, grapefruit, and pine (a nod to the Rocky Mountains!).
As with all our coffees, it’s 100% Whole Bean Arabica Coffee, Certified Organic, Certified Fairtrade and roasted in the Canadian Rocky Mountains.
This latest launch is an homage to our name: to the legend of an early explorer who got hoofed by a horse and was revived by a kick-ass cup of coffee.
The tale goes like this...
im was part of an early exploration party wending their way through the Rocky Mountains with a posse of pack horses.
One morning, a horse reared up and kicked Jim right in the noggin. Hit him so hard, his companions thought he was dead.
Before his fellow explorers began to dig him a grave, they first commenced to brewing coffee.
Legend has it, it was a cup of coffee that woke Jim up... Lucky bucker. That coffee musta kicked ass.
The way we see it, our lucky stars were the ones he saw.
This 5-star blend is full of luck, and promises a good swift kick.
Take a close look at the red-label: that horseshoe-shaped constellation might be the last thing Jim saw before he encountered his first kick-ass cuppa coffee.
How-to-Brew Lucky Jim Coffee?
Let it buck!
Just how does one whip-up a revivalist cup of Jim? Any way you like it. This coffee is versatile.
But here’s a few tips on how to let’er drip or take the plunge (our preferred methods for this blend).
1. Grind it up: Make it coarse, of course.
2. Add Boiling H2O: That’s smart talk for hot water. Stir it up little darlin’.
3. Let it rest: Get distracted for 4 minutes. Go study a mountain lion, read a map or tame a wolverine. Then take the plunge.
4. Wake Up & Kick Ass: Press it down. Sip, savour and repeat.
1. Add water to the machine: Clean and cold makes coffee bold!
2. Add ground coffee to the machine: Use 2 tablespoons of coffee for each cup of water.
3. Turn the machine on: And let it buck.
4. Wait for the coffee: Take a deep breath and count yer lucky stars.
5). Wake Up & Kick Ass: Sip, savour and repeat as necessary.
Enjoy these Lucky stars.
Feel free to let us know how it rolls!